Health and Safety Information
General Instructions and Warnings:
- Always read the instructions and warning messages on the packaging.
- Only work in a well ventilated area. Avoid inhaling fumes and smoke.
- Wear suitable clothing, hand and eye protection.
- Remove contaminated clothing immediately.
- Do not smoke whilst using these products.
- Spillages can cause permanent damage to clothing, work surfaces, carpets and floor coverings.
- In case of contact with the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Molten solder can cause serious irreversible injury.
- Some solders contain lead - a cumulative poison.
- Some solders contain Cadmium and give off harmful vapours when heated.
- All solders are harmful by inhalation when heated.
Fluxes, Rinses and Conditioners:
- Almost all of these are irritants and contain corrosive compounds.
- Contact can cause skin burns and severe damage to the eyes.
- Corrosive to the mouth, throat and digestive tract, resulting in the burning of tissue.
- Inhalation of fumes will cause severe irritation of the respiratory system.
- Can be harmful to aquatic organisms - do not dispose of down domestic drains.
- Metal Blacks contain Selenium Dioxide - a cumulative poison.
- Ingestion over a period of time may cause physical deterioration of the body.
- Some solvents are highly flammable and irritating to the eyes. Some are classed as carcinogens. Repeated use may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Do not use near to heat or naked flames.
- Never allow children to sniff solvents.